Customs Information

Togo - All


  • Copy of passport
  • Packing list in French
  • Change of residence certificate / letter of transfer of employment
  • Original bill of lading (OBL) / no express release / air waybill (AWB) (2 originals)
  • Original valued inventory in French, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
  • Letter from the employer explaining the owner of the goods is starting a new contract in Togo
  • Invoice for all electrical items less than 6 months old
  • Resident permit / work permit / letter of employment
  • Non-sale certificate (statement that owner of the goods will not sale his personal effects)
  • Bordereau de Suivi de Cargaison (BSC) / cargo tracking note (CTN) to be obtained from shipping line at port of loading 


  • All documents must be provided to agent 2 weeks prior to arrival of the shipment in order to obtain duty-free clearance in advance of shipment arrival.
  • If the owner of the goods is a diplomat, there is no tax provided a waiver of duties and taxes from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is obtained.
  • If an owner of the goods is a private / expatriate / returning citizen, Customs will levy 10.5 % duties and taxes on the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value.
  •  All shipments are subject to inspection by Customs, including diplomatic shipments.


  • New cars are dutiable
  • The duty rates on motor vehicles are as follows: 
    • No taxes if diplomatic
    • 54 % CIF if private shipper
  • 2% if owner of the goods working for international organizations
  • Vehicles should be sent in a separate container from the shipment.

Documents Required:

  • Original registration card
  • Purchase invoice
  • OBL
  • Non-sale certificate


  • Alcohol (only "Fond de Cave") is accepted (20 bottles)
  • The following items may qualify for free import if within the limits indicated by persons at least 15 years of age:
    • Cigarettes (100), cigarillos (100), cigars (50), tobacco (100 g)
  • Fruits and vegetables (a phytosanitary certificate is required)


  • Firearms and ammunitions (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
  • Drugs