East Timor - All
- Ocean Bill of Lading
- Packing List
- Passport Copy
- Tax Exemption Certificate (to be acquired by shipper's employer)
- Only a diplomat or employee of an aid organization may import a vehicle into East Timor duty free. His or her organization must send a letter, similar in format to the one for household goods, to the Customs Department requesting duty free import. All other foreigners and Timorese nationals may import a motor vehicle into Timor Leste, but it will be subject to duty. All cars must be less than 5 years old and have the steering wheel on the right hand side. All motorbikes must be less than 5 years old and have less than 600cc engine size.
- Most pets, including dogs, cats, and birds, can be brought into East Timor with no quarantine period. The documents necessary at the time of import are a current health certificate (not more than 7 days old) and a current vaccination card.
RESTRICTED / DUTIABLE ITEMS
- Wines, alcoholic beverages and food of any kind are dutiable.
- Narcotics and illegal drugs of any kind
- Pornographic materials
- Subversive materials (books, magazines, photograph, etc.)
- Firearms and ammunitions