Tunisia - All
- Residence Permit (legalized)
- Work Permit
- Customs Bond
- Bank Guarantee (required if Residence Permit and Work Permit are not available)
- Proof of Employment
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Express Release / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Original Passport
- Detailed inventory of all appliances (not valued)
- Original Residence Permit (duly approved by the Ministry of Interior)
- Original Work Permit (duly approved by the Ministry of Employment)
- Original ID Card, if applicable (for returning citizens, both spouses for married status)
- Letter of Accreditation (Diplomats)
- Packing list in French (Diplomats)
- Diplomatic Franchise / Exemption (Diplomats)
- Authorizations issued by the Ministry of Tourism, allowing the customer to have a secondary residence (secondary residences)
- Proof of purchase by the appropriate government office (secondary residences)
- Sales Contract of secondary residence (second residences)
- CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT AT CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- An advance copy of the OBL must be sent to the destination agent with name matching the Passport exactly.
- For foreigners employed in Tunisia, all items previously imported must be exported upon departure.
- The shipper must be present for Customs clearance, except Diplomats.
- For foreigners entering Tunisia via employment contract, the original Work Permit is required for Customs clearance; if not available, additional port storage and container demurrage charges will be charged.
- If the property owner is unable to provide a Residence Permit at clearance, a temporary importation of his personal effects may be applied for 1 year by means of establishing a Bank Deposit. The deposit will be cancelled within the allowed period of time upon presentation of required Residence Permit / Work Permit (foreigners on employment contracts with duty-free entry).
- The shipper should be present in Tunisia at least 2–3 weeks prior to the shipment’s arrival to be accredited by the Tunisian Government and present the Diplomatic Franchise / Exemption, which must be approved by both the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Customs Administration. It takes approximately 1 month to be duly approved by both agencies (Diplomats).
- The Packing List should be faxed to the destination agent in advance of importation with a copy of the OBL in order to avoid delays (Diplomats).
- The shipper must be present for Customs clearance
- Vehicles are subject to inspection; report must show the engine number and type of vehicle.
- The vehicle details must be stamped on the importer’s Passport.
- Customer may temporarily drive the vehicle for a period of 3 months during clearance.
- Owner’s Passport
- Original Registration / Insurance certificates (in shipper’s name)
- The Veterinary Health Certificate must be issued by a licensed veterinarian and state that the animal has been free from disease for at least 6 weeks prior to import.
- The Vaccination Record must be dated 30 days to 6 months prior to arrival and include inoculation against rabies.
- Quarantine is not required for healthy animals.
- Animals subject to examination upon arrival.
- REQUIRED: Vaccination Record and Veterinary Health Certificate
- Plants (a Phytosanitary Certificate is required)
- Appliances, electronics and computers with (1 of each item is allowed; make, model and serial number must be included on the detailed inventory)
- New items (dutiable)
- Books, phones and fax machines (a permit is required)
- The following items may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), tobacco (400 g)
- Alcohol (1 bottle – reasonable quantity)
- Perfume (reasonable quantity)
- Films, videotapes, publications, books, satellite receivers, faxes, walkie-talkies and telephones (subject to automatic confiscation for returning citizens and temporary hold by Customs for foreigners with employment contracts with duty-free entry; these items are allowed entry only with authorization from the appropriate authorities.
- Weapons and ammunition
- Pornographic material
- Alcohol and tobacco products
- Tunisian currency