Brunei - All
- Copy of Passport
- Residence Visa
- Detailed inventory
- Letter of Employment
- Original Bill of Lading Air (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
- Diplomatic Franchise (Diplomats)
- CUSTOMER MUST BE IN COUNTRY FOR CLEARANCE
- Used household goods and personal effects can be imported duty-free.
- Shipment is subject to the payment of Customs duties if new items are found.
- All shipments inspected
- Fumigation is not required for shipments into Brunei Darussalam.
- Approval letter from Brunei Land Transport Department
- Approval from Brunei Customs
- Copy of owner of the goods’ passport
- Only Bruneian / permanent residents that are working / studying abroad are allowed to import used vehicles into Brunei.
- The vehicle must be under the owner of the goods’ name for at least 12 months.
- The vehicle must not exceed 5 years old at time of importation.
- The owner of the goods must be in Brunei at time of importation.
- Owner of the goods must notify the Brunei Customs and seek approval for duty exemption before importation.
- Once approval is obtained, the owner of the goods must have an approval permit issued by Customs before time of importation.
- Duty exemption will only be given once.
- After the importation of the vehicle, the owner of the goods is not allowed to change the ownership within four years from the date of approval given.
- Only diplomats are exempted from this regulation prior to approvals from their local embassies.
- All pets are subject to quarantine.
- The length of time varies and depends on the country from which the animal is imported.
- All pets are subject to approval for import from the Brunei Agriculture Department
- The import permit and documents required must be obtained prior to import.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Import permit issued by Brunei Agriculture Department
- Export permit issued by origin country
- Invoice (for Customs purposes only)
- The following items require the permission of the Controller of Customs:
- Publication and printed materials, such as film, CD, VCD, LD, DVD, cassettes
- Satellite receiver
- Any religious publication, any written ‘Quranic’ verses
- Fresh, chilled, and frozen meat
- Any living plant, planting materials
- Any living animals and all parts of animals under CITES article
- Live animals, aquatic marine, breeding prawn food
- Timber and timber product
- Health food, snacks, beverages, medicines, traditional medicines, chemicals, and radioactive materials
- Antiques or articles of historical nature made or discovered in Brunei
- All used / reconditioned vehicles with or without engine
- Telecommunication and radio communication apparatus
- The order, insignias, medals, badges, and decoration instituted by statues of His Majesty The Sultan
- Ice, sugar, salt, rice paddy, and products thereof
- Mineral water and building materials
- Gases that depletes the ozone layer (ODS) used especially in servicing and maintaining air conditioners, refrigeration, vehicles, and fire extinguishers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Motorcars, motorcycles, lorries, omnibuses including mini buses, tractors, and trailers
- Poisons and deleterious drugs
- Arms and ammunition
- Illegal drugs
- Pigs imported from Thailand
- SALK polio vaccines
- Gambling devices
- JAVA sparrows
- Cigarettes without health warning imprinted on the package
- Vaccines of Chinese Taipei origin