USED HOUSEHOLD GOODS AND PERSONAL EFFECTS
- Copy of passport
- Detailed inventory
- Packing list
- Ocean bill of lading (OBL) / airway bill (AWB), with name matching that in passport
- All air shipments are physically inspected by Customs at the air terminal.
- The average time for clearance after arrival is approximately 1-2 days.
- Sea shipments arriving from within Asia will normally undergo a physical Customs inspection.
- The average time for Customs clearance is 2-4 days for full container load shipments (FCL) and 4-6 days for less than container load (LCL) shipments.
- Shipments arriving from other countries will not normally undergo Customs inspection and can be available for delivery within 2-3 days for FCL shipments and 3-5 days for LCL shipments.
- Original purchase invoice
- Certificate of insurance
- OBL / AWB
- Used automobiles cannot be imported.
- New vehicles, left-hand and right-hand drive, may be imported, but must be handled by a professional automobile importer.
- They are subject to a substantial government tax.
- Quarantine may be required depending on the type of animal and the country of origin.
- Explosives, arms and ammunition (a firearm certificate from the Police Department is required).
- Drugs and medicines must be imported as accompanied baggage only.
- Personal computers, including laptops, must only contain only original software under copyright law.
- Items can be imported for personal use or consumption as identified in Table 1 of Chief Executive Order No. 368/2006:
- Cigarettes (200)
- MOP (Macau Pataca) 0.2/cigarette plus 10% FOB (Freight on Board) value for cigarettes.
- Cigars (50 - each not to exceed 3 g)
- MOP 280/kilo plus 10% FOB value for cigar (FOB value should be verified by the Economic Department).
- Cigarillos (100), tobacco (250 g)
- A detailed inventory including quantity, brand name, unit price and costs, insurance, and freight (CIF) value is required prior to before shipment arrival.
- Grape wine and other beverages of alcoholic strength by volume not exceeding 30% volume (1 L).
- Beverages of alcoholic strength by volume exceeding 30% volume (1 L)
- Wine and liquor with an alcoholic strength of 30% or less is duty free.
- Volume exceeding 30% is MOP 20.00/L plus 10% FOB value.
- A detailed wine inventory with quantity, brand name, volume, price per bottle, and total value is required.
- FOB value should be verified by the Economic Department in Macau.
- Illegal drugs
- Knives and deadly weapons
- Endangered species of animals and plants
- Radioactive substances
- Counterfeit items
- Pornographic materials