Customs Information

Kosovo - All


  • Copy of Passport
  • Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Convention Marchandises Routiers (CMR) / Air Waybill (AWB)
  • Packing list stating origin and creator of art items
  • Detailed valued inventory stating quantity, unit value and total value (the value should be different from the insurance value)
  • Request for temporary import (issued from the employer in Kosovo) for Customs.
  • Letter of Employment (showing the duration of stay)
  • Lease Agreement / Rental Contract (showing address of temporary residence)
  • Bank Guaranty (must be equivalent to amount of total calculated Customs duties (provided by the employer).
  • Copy of Kosovo ID (returning residents)
  • Certificate of Residence  (returning residents)
  • Customs Export Declaration (from previous export)
  • Copy of United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK) ID
  • Work Certificate made in Pristina by the Organization (Diplomats)


  • Personal property imported by persons transferring their permanent place of residence from another country to Kosovo shall be admitted free of import duties. Relief may be granted only to persons whose normal place of residence has been outside Kosovo for a continuous period of at least 12 months
  • For companies and organizations, imported vehicles must be less than 6 years old and must belong to the shipper. 


  • All documents required for personal effects are necessary for the import of motor vehicles.
  • The following should be stated in the shipping advice: model, type, number of chassis, number of doors, year of production, fuel, cubic centimeter, engine number, color, etc.
  • The owner must be present with Passport at the Customs terminal for clearance.
  • For non-diplomatic shipments, full duties are payable if the car has been bought less than 6 months prior to import. 

Documents Required:

  • Original Registration Card
  • Original Sales Certificate / Purchase Invoice


  • Import vaccination certificate
  • Passport required on pet import


  • Plant and plant products (permission and Phytosanitary Certificate are required); the Phytosanitary Certificate must indicate that the plants do not have harmful organisms
  • Animal and animal products (permission is required)
  • The following items may qualify for free import if within the limits indicated:
    • Cigarettes (200), cigarillos (100), smoking tobacco (250 g)
    • Alcoholic beverages over 22% volume (1 L)


  • Illegal drugs
  • Guns, ammunition and explosives
  • Pornographic materials
  • Counterfeit money and goods