Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original bill of lading (OBL) (2 copies) / no express release accepted / air waybill (AWB)
- Packing list
- Copy of passport
- Copy of entry permit in passport
- Copy of residence permit
- Diplomatic exemption from the Cape Verdean Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) (expatriates and foreign diplomats)
- Personal effects may be imported duty free if occurring with 6 months of the owner of the goods’ initial arrival in Cape Verde and all documentation is available (returning citizens)
- Personal effects may be imported duty free during residence in Cape Verde, provided documentation is available (foreign diplomats)
- All documentation required for household goods
- OBL / AWB with brand, model, engine, and chassis numbers stated
- Original certificate of origin (used vehicles)
- Original purchase invoice (new vehicles)
- Insurance documentation from origin country
- Foreign diplomats, technicians, and coopérants may import a personally owned vehicle (POV) duty free.
- Duties and taxes will apply for others, percentage varies according to the vehicle; check with agent for details.
- Veterinarian health certificate
- Rabies vaccination certificate (dogs)
- Dogs also require an additional rabies vaccination certificate.
- Alcohol and tobacco (permitted in reasonable quantities and for personal use only)
- Narcotics and drugs
- Weapons and explosives
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
- Live ammunition and explosives