Romania - Diplomat
- Passport (copy including page with stamp of entry into Romania) & Visa of customer (copy)
- Import Application
- The following items must be detailed:
- Jewelry, precious metals, antiques dated before 1945
- Electrical items (indicate serial numbers)
- Photos (2 copies) of any art, carpets, lamps, mirrors, paintings, jewelry, silver, crystals, antiques, etc.)
- Delegacy from the Embassy
- Request for import and inventory
- SHIPPER'S PRESENCE IS NOT REQUIRED IN ROMANIA UPON ARRIVAL OF THEIR BELONGINGS
- IF THE SHIPPER IS IMPORTING HIS BELONGINGS IN NO MORE THAN 90 DAYS FROM THE ISSUING DATE OF ROMANIAN RESIDENCE ID CARD HE WILL IMPORT THE BELONGINGS FREE OF ANY TAXES / DUTIES
- IF THE PERIOD IS MORE THAN 90 DAYS HE / SHE WILL PAY THE TAXES / DUTIES BUT THE TAXES / DUTIES WILL BE REFUNDED AT THE EXPORTATION OF THE BELONGINGS OUT FROM ROMANIA.
- Vehicles can be registered with the payment of a first registration charge, which varies from a few hundred Euros (if car complies with Euro 3 standards), to thousands of Euros (if it is a non-Euro or Euro 1).
- A guarantee must be paid by the owner of the goods account for vehicle and motorcycles and will be recovered by the time the owner of the goods is moving from Romania.
- Diplomats are not charged first registration fees or duties on motor vehicles.
- Duties are charged on all imported vehicles, excluding diplomats.
- To register a car in Romania, owner will have to pay ecological charge. This is dependent upon age, engine capacity and type of fuel. You can estimate it yourself at: www.taxadetimbru.com.
- Copy of license plate certificates
- Copy of invoice
- Copy of property title
- EORI number for the owner of the goods
- Motor vehicles require the same set of documents listed for household goods as well as those listed above
- Cats and dogs are subject to Regulation No. 998/2003.
- Birds are subject to Decision No. 25/2007.
- Animals must enter Romania through Bucharest.
- Must have an anti-rabies vaccine.
- The following items may qualify for free import if within the limits indicated:
- Alcohol - only 1 liter over 22 degrees or 2 liters below 22 degrees or 2 liters of wine
- Cigarettes - only 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco
- Illegal drugs
- Pornographic material
- Firearms, ammunition, explosives
- Protected species and products thereof as listed by the Washington Convention (CITES) / live plants, unless the plant has the phito-sanitary certificate