Customs Information

Monaco - All


  • Customers taking up permanent residence in Monaco require the following documents:
  • Certificate of Change of Residence (Attestation de Non-Cession) stating Customer has lived abroad for at least one year, has owned items for more than three months and that goods will not be sold for 12 months from importation
  • Detailed inventory which is valued, signed, dated and in duplicate
  • Customers establishing secondary residence require the following documents:
  • Authorization Certificate from the Regional Customs Directorate in triplicate
  • Detailed inventory which is valued and in triplicate
  • Proof of ownership or renting of residence
  • Proof of normal residence abroad


  • For Customers taking up permanent residence, household goods and personal effects are duty-free provided Customer has been abroad for at least one year and items have been used at least three months
  • For Customers establishing secondary residence, household goods and personal effects are duty-free provided Customer has used the goods for at least three months in an EC country (six months in a non-EC country), he owns or rents the secondary residence for a minimum period of 12 months if his primary residence is another EC country (24 months if in a non-EC country) and he does not sell or trade those items for one year after importation from a EC country (two years from a non-EC country)
  • If second shipment anticipated, it must be stated at the time of first importation


  • Autos can be imported duty-free provided:
  • Owner is moving his principle residence to Monaco
  • Owner has been abroad for more than one year
  • Has owned auto for at least six months
  • MUST BE LISTED ON THE INVENTORY (giving year, make, model chassis, engine and registration numbers) even if not accompanying household goods
  • Cars may be loaded in container with household goods, but must be near doors
  • Documents required:
  • Registration
  • Attestation from French Consulate at origin
  • Purchase invoice


  • Dogs, cats and birds require a Health Certificate from a veterinarian



  • Alcohol
  • Tobacco products
  • Foodstuff
  • Raw material and semi-finished products
  • Medicine (must have authorization to import from the Ministry of Health)
  • Firearms and ammunition (Import Permit must be provided by the Directorate General of Customs)
  • Antiques may require a license


  • Narcotic drugs
  • Live plants