• Copy of Passport (identification and entry stamp) from shipper and accompanying family members
• Detailed inventory
• Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB)
• Application for Duty Exemption issued by Foreign Affairs Ministry of Korea (Diplomats)
Updated COVID-19 Information: https://www.sirva.com/company/covid-19
• All shipments 100% inspected
• Shipment must arrive within six months of customer's arrival (three months if coming from Southeast
• Used household goods and personal effects are duty-free for foreigners, who intend to reside in Korea for over 6 months with family or one year alone ( classified as HHG/PE shipments). If estimated length of stay is less than the required period, shipment is classified as a semi-HHG/PE shipment, resulting in higher duties
• All items (even if used) are dutiable if owner does not meet above duty-free criteria.
• NOTE: ALL KOREAN CUSTOMS PROCEDURES ARE TIGHTLY CONTROLLED AND CLEARANCE CAN BE OBTAINED ONLY AT BUSAN, INCHEON OR SEOUL BY SURFACE; INCHEON BY AIR
For Ocean shipments, Korean Customs will designate an appropriate bonded customs warehouse based on customer’s actually delivery address in Korea. The destination address should be provided prior to departure. If not yet available, temporarily use the address of the Destination Agent, but be sure to amend to the shipper’s actual delivery address in order to clear customs and avoid any penalty or fine.
For Ocean shipments, Korean Customs requires that the customer write and sign the following on each page of import documents (packing list, Bill of Lading, etc): “I hereby certify that this is a true copy of the original document” (with his/her signature or stamp).
- Original Title
- Original Registration Certificate
- Original Purchase Receipt or Invoice
- Detailed inventory (Diplomats)
- Original insurance documents
- Proof of ownership (Diplomats)
- Insurance Declarations Page or policy information (Diplomats)
- Customs Duty Exemption showing frame number or chassis number, engine number, model and type (Diplomats)
• Vehicle must be listed on the inventory with full technical specifications (make, model, plate number, etc.)
• Insurance policy should be issued in Korea prior to removing the car from the Customs bonded warehouse.
• The vehicle must be identified on the detailed inventory.
• Vehicles cannot be sold or transferred by a diplomat to a non-diplomatic individual for 3 years; however sale or transfer between diplomatic individuals is authorized.
◦ If a vehicle is sold or transferred to a non-diplomatic individual by a diplomat, duties and taxes shall
be charged by Korean Customs.
• In order to register and to drive in South Korea, the vehicle must pass the following Government tests:
◦ Emission Gas Level Test
◦ Noise and Vibration Test
◦ Type and Model Approval
• Documentary clearance does not require a physical inspection.
- Quarantine period is same day if: vaccination was administered 30 days or earlier before arrival (90 day or older pets); it is from a rabies-free country.
Rabies-free countries: Japan, Taiwan, Ireland, Cypress, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Singapore, Portugal
- Animals will be quarantined upon arrival to South Korea; currently, there is a 10-day quarantine required.
- Animals should have vaccinations at least 30 days prior to import.
- If rabies vaccinations are not older than 30 days, pets must remain in quarantine the 10-days plus the number of days to total 30 full days since the rabies vaccination.
- Passport of owner and family
- Rabies Vaccination Certificate (for 90 day or older pets)
- Health Certificate (for 90 day or younger pets)
- IF PETS ARE IMPORTED FROM AUSTRALIA OR MALAYSIA, PLEASE CONTACT AGENT.
- Firearms, ammunition, and explosive materials, including fireworks (permission from the Korean authorities is required)
- Narcotic and psychotropic drugs
- Foodstuff - Duty free entry for small amounts.
- The shipment is subject to payment of 20% duty if total foodstuff amount is too large for a household good shipment.
- Check with destination agent for more details.
- Food items are allowed in sea shipments only; If the owner of the goods is shipping food items ensure all food items are sealed and labeled. Dried foods only.
- Plants and plant byproducts (subject to quarantine and approval by the authorities; denial of entry is possible)
- Illegal drugs
- Pornographic material
- Counterfeit goods or materials
- Subversive and treasonous materials