Updated COVID-19 Information: https://www.sirva.com/company/covid-19
Foreign Diplomats are only entitled to import household goods and personal effects provided they complete Customs Form C426. British diplomats returning to the United Kingdom have no special privilege and should refer to the customs requirements for Returning Citizens.
The following documents are required by Foreign Diplomats importing household goods and personal effects to the United Kingdom:
- Customs Form C426 completed by the appropriate Embassy/High Commission and stamped by that Embassy
There are no restrictions on Foreign Diplomats importing motor vehicles into the United Kingdom provided Customs Form C426 has been completed.
Import of pets into the United Kingdom is strictly governed and subject to quarantine regulations. Pet Passports are accepted if the pet is being imported from participating countries
DUTIABLE AND RESTRICTED ITEMS
There are no restricted or items that will incur duties provided required documents are completed.
The following items are strictly prohibited from import to the United Kingdom and should not be included in the shipment:
- Controlled drugs
- Indecent or obscene books, magazines, videos, DVD’s, etc.
- Flick knives, butterfly knives, some martial arts weapons
- Horror comics
- Counterfeit currency
- Radio transmitters including cordless telephones not approved in UK
- Meat, poultry and other animal products
- Plants and plant produce including trees, shrubs, vegetables, fruit, bulbs and seeds
- Animals whether alive or dead (e.g. stuffed)
- Parts and articles derived from protected species, including ivory, fur-skins, reptile leather and goods made from them