Diplomatic shipments of household goods and personal effects can be imported into Ecuador subject to the following
- Be advised that Ecuadorian Customs regulations only allow 1 shipment with duty-free entrance (Air or Maritime). Ecuadorian Customs regulations do not allow 2 shipments, not even paying taxes. If more than 1 container is being imported, those must be under the same OBL.
- All boxes of clothes, shoes and accessories must be weight and cannot exceed 200kgs per person.
- Authorization is required by the international organization that they represent verified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ecuador
- Household goods and personal effects are duty free
The following documents are required:
- Copy of diplomatic passport
- Valued inventory
- Diplomatic franchise for household goods and any vehicle
- Original Packing List
- Bill of Lading with name of consignee and passport number
- Diplomatic franchise for the household goods and auto. If not, a guarantee can be submitted. This document needs to be accepted by customs.
Motor vehicles for diplomats can be imported into Ecuador subject to the following documents:
- A Notarized copy of the original invoice showing the value and the customer’s name
- Vehicle Title
- Diplomatic and non-diplomatic owners of the goods have to obtain the code for the owner of the goods’ vehicle at SRI (Servicio de Rentas Internas) in order to obtain the exoneration of taxes and duties.
- Diplomats may import new or used vehicles duty free with authorization from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- May import up to three pets
- Documents required:
- Health Certificate
- Vaccine Certificate
- New items and high value shipments will be subject to duties
- A quantity of one type of electrical item is permitted (i.e. one washing machine, one dryer etc.). Electrical appliances should not be packed in their original packaging
- Alcoholic beverages and tobacco products
- Firearms and ammunition
- Drugs and narcotics
- Pornographic material
- Foodstuffs and live plants
- Refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifies etc. that operate with compressed gas containing CFC’s or with fluids type R-12 or R-502