Gabon - All
- All documents must be provided to the destination agent 2 weeks before arrival of the shipment in order to apply and be granted duty free clearance prior to arrival of the shipment.
- The certificate for free entry must be obtained from the Customs head office; when granted, the shipment is duty free.
- A change in residence certificate must be supplied for importation. If no certificate is present, Gabon will automatically charge import taxes and duties regardless of client status (private citizens, returning citizens, returning Gabonese citizen and diplomats).
- All new items less than 6 months old are subject to taxes.
- All owners of the goods must pay a tax on imported items of approximately 3% to 4% of the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value (RUSID Tax) of the shipment.
- Diplomats do not need to be in Gabon to apply for exemption certificate.
- Copy of passport
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / no express release / sea waybill / air waybill (AWB) / electronic cargo tracking note
- Original valued inventory in French, dated, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Invoice for all electrical items less than 6 months old
- Change of residence certificate (available from local native country Embassy)
- End of employment letter from employer
- Resident permit / work permit / letter of employment in Gabon (expatriate)
- Exemption certificate and letter from the Gabon Embassy (diplomats)
- Non-sale certificate (declaration on the honor that client will not sale his personal effects in Gabon)
- Original registration card
- Proof of ownership
- Original certificate of title and registration
- Purchase invoice
- Original bill of lading / air waybill
- Interpol authorization
- Cargo tracking note (BIETC – Bordereau d’Identification Electronique de Tracabilite des Cargaisons)
- Roadworthy certificate issued in the country of origin
- Tax is payable on all shipments of approximately 53.4% of the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value.
- The original bill of lading must identify the chassis number, engine number, cubic capacity, year of manufacture, brand and model.
- Car must not be older than 3 years old.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Veterinary health certificate must be issued less than 3 days before departure by a veterinarian.
- Cats and dogs less than 3 months old are exempt from document requirements.
RESTRICTED / DUTIABLE ITEMS
- Cameras (2)
- Firearms and ammunitions (authorization from the territorial administration is required)
- Alcohol (only “Fond de Cave”) is acceptable and is duty free (20 bottles)
- Some items may qualify for free import if within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200)
- Cigarillos (200)
- Tobacco (250 g)
- Firearms, ammunitions (submitted to authorization from territorial administration)
- Illegal drugs
- Counterfeit items
- Pornographic materials
- Plants and plant materials