- Shipper's presence is required for sea shipments only, but is not mandatory.
- If shipper is unable to attend customs clearance, an Authority Letter can be arranged for the shipper - subject to Customs approval.
NOTE - Bahrain Customs is closed for the weekend on Friday and Saturday.
- Color copy of Passport
- Inventory (a clear copy, detailed and in English) - PBO "packed by owner" not acceptable
- Duty exemption letter provided from the client’s Embassy or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
MOTOR VEHICLES (LEFT HAND DRIVE ONLY)
- Duty is applicable at 5% of estimated value
- No objection certificate (NOC) from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Documents required:
- Original purchase Invoice or dealer valuation from Origin country
- Original passport
- Current insurance policy (for Bahrain)
- Certificate of Registration / Export Permit
- Title of ownership
- Pets may only be transported as cargo; however, assistive animals may be able to travel in the aircraft cabin; contact agent for specific information.
- The import permit must be obtained prior to travel from the Veterinary Quarantine Department in Bahrain.
- The veterinary health certificate must state that the animal is free from disease and is fully vaccinated.
- Import license to be obtained prior to booking pets.
- Quarantine for a month (consignee must provide feeding arrangements).
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Import permit
- Copy of air waybill
- Firearms (an import permit and permission from the Ministry of the Interior and Civil Aviation Affairs of Bahrain is required).
- Videotapes (subject to inspection and hold by Ministry officials and released approximately 2-3 weeks after inspection) (non-citizens)
- CDs, VCDs, books (only large quantities)
- Personal computers (subject to inspection and hold by the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications prior to shipment arrival) (non-citizens)
- Pianos / musical instruments
- Wines, spirits, and alcohol are subject to duty at Customs discretion (diplomats)
- Medicines are subject to prescription by a doctor (in English or Arabic) (diplomats)
- Commodity shipments are subject to 5% Customs duty
- Alcoholic beverages
- Narcotic and psychotropic drugs etc.
- Pornographic materials
- Knives, daggers (ornamental, etc.)
- Wireless equipment
- Satellite, receivers, cordless telephones, walkie talkies
- Guns, arrows, darts
- Military clothes
- Gambling games
- Products of Israeli origin or anything related to Israel is banned and liable to confiscation.
- Political and religious literature offensive to Islam and the Bahrain government is banned and liable for confiscation/prosecution.
- Radio controlled toys.
- ALL PRINTED MATTER, FILMS, BOOKS, PICTURES, RECORDS, TAPES, SLIDES, MOVIES, VIDEOS, COMPACT DISCS, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, ETC. ARE SUBJECT TO CENSORSHIP AND CONFISCATION (MUST BE PACKED SEPARATELY FOR EASY ACCESS)
- Above censorship procedure can take between two and four weeks
- If a carton is suspected of containing prohibited items, the entire carton is kept in Customs for further scrutiny. Prohibited items will be confiscated, destroyed or shipped out at Customer's expense.
- Medicines will be retained by Customs and checked by the Ministry of Health.
VIOLATORS SUBJECT TO SEVERE PENALTIES, including possible imprisonment.