Liberia - All
- Copy of passport
- Detailed inventory
- Packing list (in English)
- Valued inventory
- Invoice of the shipment
- Certificate of exemption from employer or organization
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / telex release / air waybill (AWB)
- Clear report of findings (CRF) issued by the pre-inspection company's representative in Liberia, at the end of the pro-inspection process (non-exempt shipments)
- Diplomatic exemption (diplomats)
- Waiver of import duties (diplomats)
- CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT AT CLEARANCE
- Duties and taxes must be paid.
- Import taxes will be claimed on sea freight and air freight.
- Indicate “used personal effects” instead of “household goods” on the OBL / AWB.
- Detailed volumes of the household goods and personal effects should be indicated on the OBL / AWB.
- Documents with OBL / telex release must be delivered to agent at least 10 days prior to shipment arrival.
- Non-diplomatic shipments are subject to pre-shipment inspection at origin.
- The invoice of the shipment must show the value that the government will waive to the employer or organization; agents and customers should create an invoice from the value inventory list (diplomatic and exempt shipments).
- Diplomatic shipments are exempt from import duties and taxes.
- The diplomatic organization must provide agent with diplomatic exemption and documents received from Liberian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (diplomats)
- A copy of the OBL / AWB should be forwarded to the destination agent to start the clearance process prior to arrival of the shipment.
- New Vehicle: commercial invoice signed, sealed and stamped with the year model, color, chassis number, engine capacity, original bill of lading.
- Used Vehicle: subject to appraisal by customs authorities
- Duty rates on autos: from 38 to 60% depending on vehicle type and engine capacity. Customs tariff.
- Documents must accompany animals:
- Import permit
- Rabies vaccination certificate (from country of origin)
- Veterinary health certificate (from country of origin)
RESTRICTED / DUTIABLE ITEMS
- Flowers and plants (health certificate from the origin country required)
- Perfume (4 fluid ounces), eau de toilette (1 liter)
- New items valued at no more than $125
- The following items may qualify for free import by adults within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (25), tobacco (250 grams)
- Consumable spirits / wine (1 liter)
- Unlawful drugs
- Weapons and ammunition
- Counterfeit items
- Pornographic material
- Meat and meat products