Haiti - All
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / airway bill (AWB)
- Packing list in English or French
- Listing of imported items with estimated value
- Document acknowledging diplomat status / passport / Carte du Protocole from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (diplomats)
- Correspondence from the Haitian Consulate certifying that the consignee is a returning citizen
- Copy of Haitian ID (Matricule Fiscale) (returning citizen)
- Shipments for diplomats and returning citizens are exempt from taxes.
- Duties generally apply to non - citizens entering Haiti for purposes of employment, especially if there are new items contained in the shipment.
- Customs clearance may be lengthy
- Most terminals require an approximate USD 300.00 deposit for all used vehicles transiting through their facility.
PETS AND ANIMALS
- The veterinary health certificate must not be issued more than 7 days prior to arrival.
- Dogs older than 3 months require an additional rabies vaccination certificate more than 21 days prior to arrival but not more than 11 months.
- Parrots and macaws cannot be imported.
RESTRICTED / DUTIABLE ITEMS
- Wood (phytosanitary certificate is required)
- Meat (phytosanitary certificate is required)
- Chemicals (phytosanitary certificate is required)
- Medicines (phytosanitary certificate is required)
- Sporting firearms (permit from a consul of Haiti is required)