- Copy of passport, notarized by notary public in Croatia
- Copy of visa / extended stay permit / work permit / proof of residence
- Copy of lease / purchase contract
- Detailed, valued inventory, signed by the owner of the goods (Croatian and English) (2 copies)
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Power of attorney (foreigners)
- Statement from Croatian embassy at origin (returning citizens)
- Employment contract or company registration documents (self-employed)
- EORI number (returning citizens)
- Croatian ID card (returning citizens)
- Original letter of protocol (diplomats)
- Copy of diplomatic passport (diplomats)
- Owner of the goods must arrive prior to shipment.
- Duties and taxes of approximately 35-45% of the total value apply if the owner of the goods does not qualify for duty and tax free import.
- Diplomats can import household goods duty and tax free with following documentation:
- Detailed packing list
- Copy of owner of the goods’ passport
- Diplomatic protocol from the Croatian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- EORI number
- Detailed, valued inventory should list all used items.
- They must have been owned by the owner of the goods for a minimum of 6 months prior to import into Croatia.
- Statement from Croatian embassy at origin must show that the owner of the goods has lived abroad for more than 12 months (returning citizens).
- Original vehicle documentation (title / registration) (in English and Croatian)
- Invoice or pro-forma invoice with the vehicle value
- Technical data (chassis number, weight, power, etc.)
- Green card
- Driver’s license
- Proof of ownership by owner of the goods for at least 6 months
- Diplomatic protocol, if applicable
- Letter of Indemnity (LOI)
- The owner of the vehicle as stated on the vehicle documents must provide a signed statement confirming that the fuel tank of the vehicle is empty and that the battery has been disconnected.
- An owner of the goods with a temporary stay permit or who have a permanent residence in Croatia may import used vehicles for a period of one year from the date following its import.
- New cars can be registered to persons having a Croatian residence permit.
- Car must not be older than 7 years old for import into Croatia.
- Vehicles can only be imported duty / tax free with a diplomatic protocol issued by the Croatian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Without protocol, temporary import is possible but a fee will be charged.
- Temporary import is possible without Customs clearance if the vehicle will stay in Croatia for no more than 6 months
- After 6 months of using the vehicle in Croatia, the vehicle must be exported and will not be allowed back into Croatia until a total of 12 months from original imported date.
- All species of animals (dogs, cats, birds, etc.) must enter across specific borders where health control inspections are performed.
- Pets may be imported temporarily in some cases.
- Import permit from Croatian Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Rural Development if needed – not required for dogs and cats, but is required for some birds (i.e., parrots).
- Veterinary health certificate must be issued by government vet at origin no more than 10 days prior to arrival.
- Rabies antibody neutralizing test (RNATT) may be required for pets originating from certain countries.
- Contact destination agent for more information.
- Veterinary health certificate
- Vaccination record
- Pet passport
- Microchip / tattoo number
- Pro-forma invoice
- Copy of owner of the goods’ passport
- RNATT test, if applicable
- Import permit, if applicable
ANTIQUES, ARTIFACTS, CARPETS, PAINTINGS
- Restrictions apply
- When importing jewelry / art antiques, these items must be registered upon arrival in Croatia.
- No restriction on registered items as long as document from Croatian Ministry of Culture is available to show the presence of item in Croatia.
RESTRICTED / DUTIABLE ITEMS
- All weapons and ammunition (permit required and must be reported to the police upon entry)
- The following items may be brought in duty and tax free within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), cigarillos (100), tobacco (250 g)
- Spirits (1 L), wine (2 L), liqueur (2 L)
- Cologne (250 L), perfume (50g)
- National currency (15,000 HRK)
- Firearms and ammunition
- Stuffed animals
- Alcohol, wine, & spirits