- Copy of passport
- Copy of local ID / residence permit
- Declaration of value / pro-forma invoice
- Packing list
- List of electronic items (must include serial numbers and model)
- Letter of employment (must be for a minimum of 12 months)
- Copy of residential rental contract (must be for a minimum of 12 months)
- Document proving that client was living abroad (out of EU and Bulgaria) the last 12 months at least - letter from employer, visa, residence permit, prove of paid taxes, prove of paid bills under the client’s name, etc,. The more documents that can provide the better.
- Document proving ground for moving to reside in Bulgaria - letter from employer (if client is going to work in Bulgaria - this does not apply to a returning citizen).
- Copy of plane tickets showing return to Bulgaria
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Copy of diplomatic passport (diplomats)
- Power of attorney (returning citizens)
- Diplomatic ID (diplomats)
- Letter of assignment (diplomats only - issued by the embassy stating the position and duties of owner of the goods)
- Declaration for temporary import (diplomats)
- Original T2L (issued by Customs at country of origin)
- Declaration for permanent stay (must be notarized at a notary office in Bulgaria) - we will provide template. We will need to receive the original of this document.
- Airplane Ticket (copy)
- In addition, if client is moving to Bulgaria with spouse and/or with children we will need - copy of passport from the spouse, declaration from the spouse as the one in point 5. , Bulgarian residence permit (Bulgarian ID card), marriage certificate. Copies of children passports and birth certificates only in case your children are less than 18 years old (if applicable)
- Household goods can be imported up to three months after Customer's arrival
- The declaration for temporary import must be prepared by the embassy and approved by the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Baggage clearance occurs at the first airport of entry in Bulgaria.
- Non-prohibited items may be imported on a temporary basis for a period 6 months or less; Customs duties will not be charged with a letter of guarantee from a Bulgarian organization stating that the goods will be returned or duties will be paid.
- Proof of ownership showing vehicle has been owned more than one year
- One motor vehicle can be imported duty-free
- Documents required:
- Proof of ownership
- Foreign Registration Card
- National Drivers license
- International Insurance Policy (Green Card)
NOTE: The kilowatts of the engine must be indicated as per the European system DIN or American system SAE.
Veterinary health record must be issued by an authorized vet, identifying the origin and health status of the pet and made within 24 hours of its export. Pets under 3 months old must have lived indoors since birth. Rabies vaccination must not exceed 6 months prior. Animals are examined by personnel upon arrival.
- Veterinary and Inoculation Certificate required
- Pet Passport
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health record / certificate
- Identification Chip
- Guns and ammunition (permission must be obtained)
- Personal home computers as well as new electrical items are subject to Customs duties and taxes and purchases are required
- Precious metal, precious stones must be declared in writing.
- Medications for personal use can be imported but may not be expired.
- Tobacco may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Cigarettes (200)
- Cigarillos (100)
- Cigars (50)
- Tobacco for smoking (250 grams)
- Alcohol may qualify for free import within the limits indicated:
- Wine (2 L)
- Sparkling or fortified wine (2 L)
- Spirits over 22% volume alcohol content (1 L)
- Coffee (500 g), coffee extract (200 g )
- Tea (100 g), tea extract (40 g)
- Perfume (50 g), eau de toilette (250 ml)
- Currency (cash sums greater than 8000 levs require the completion of a Customs declaration prior to import)
- Illegal drugs
- Pornographic materials
- Dangerous chemicals
- Knives and deadly weapons