Import of household good and personal effects is permitted into French Guiana. Customs must have a certificate of change of residence or certificate of transfer or the shipper will have to pay the Octroi de Mer (between 12% and 22% of the CAF value).
- Packing List
- Copy of valid passport
- Original bill of lading or express release / AWB
- Original inventory in French, dated, valued, and signed by the owner of the goods
- Certificate of change of residence or certificate of transfer
- Proof of residence in French Guiana (electricity bill, signed lease, etc.) less than 3 month old
- Non-sale certificate
- Certificate of property
MOTOR VEHICLES – Documents needed / Customs Regulations
- Original registration card
- Certified statement of the vehicle
- Certificate of insurance
- Non sale certificate
Without any certificate of change of residence and registration card, the Octroi de Mer (22%) of the CAF value has to be paid before the delivery.
- Certificate of vaccination
- No quarantine in French Guiana
- Firearms / ammunitions are submitted to authorization from territorial administration. It is very rare to get it.
- Unlawful drugs