- Original Bill of Lading
- Packing list
- Certificate of Insurance
- Certificate of removal from the population register
When you move to Suriname, it is possible to obtain exemption of import duty for your personal effects. You will require: A residence permit, issued by the Ministry of Justice and Police; A certificate of registration, issued by the Central Registration Office (C.B.B.). You will need your certificate of removal from your former place of residence; Your passport with stamps of registration.
It may take several weeks to several months in order to obtain a residence permit. Therefore we recommend you start your application as soon as possible. Costs of storage and port fees will be charged to your account as soon as the ship with your effects has arrived in Paramaribo. Please take into account that new goods will be taxed with import duty.
- Value above USD25,000 - 40% duty charge
USD0 - USD25,000 - 25% depending on the value
- Car insurance depends on what the owner will value the car. Car taxes per year depend on the weight of the car. Delivery of a car from POE to residence (custom documents etc.) costs approximately USD125.
- Certificate of insurance for the motor-vehicle.
- A certificate of the value of the motor-vehicle or an invoice in case of new motor vehicles.
- A registration certificate of the vehicle (the vehicle should be registered to your name for a period longer than 6 months).
- A copy of your passport.
- A copy of your driver’s license.
- Form of proxy to obtain clearance.
- Pornographic materials