India - All
TRANSFER OF RESIDENCE BENEFIT
- Owner's passport indicating two years residence abroad (original)
- Manufacturer's invoice (original)
- Customs Clearing Permit/Import License
- Insurance Policy
- Auto Registration Certificate
- List of extras and purchase date
- Microchip: Each Pet shall be identified by means of a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable.
- Rabies Vaccination & Certificate: All pets must have an original Rabies Certificate and this certificate must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation and the validity of the particular vaccination you obtain
- Vet Health Certificate: This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by an accredited Veterinarian at the origin. Must be issued within 10 days of the flight. Health Certificate must state that the pet has no clinical signs of Aujossky’s disease, Distemper, Rabies, Leishmaoiasis, Leptospirosis and Tuberculosis.
- Annexure I (Dogs) or II (Cats) Certificate (Form can be supplied by Allied Pickfords India)
- No Objection Certificate ("NOC"): The No Objection Certificate is a temporary permit issued in India allowing pets to be brought into the country.
- Only one cat, dog or parrot may be imported at the time of shipment.
TRANSFER OF RESIDENCE FACILITY
- If the customer has lived out of the country for a period of two years preceding his return, then he is entitled to the Transfer of Residence facility which means that he will be charged 18% duty for his electrical/electronic items
- During this two year period he should not have been in India for a total of more than 180 days, If he has exceeded this 180 day period then he is not eligible for the Transfer of Residence facility. This can be waived by the Customs Officer on application provided this exemption has not been claimed in the previous 2 years.
- If a customer is not entitled for Transfer of Residence facility, then his baggage is cleared under “Visit” and this means that he is charged 38% duty on his electricals/electronics , furniture and kitchenware.
- The unaccompanied baggage had been in the possession abroad of the passenger, the sea shipment is dispatched within one month of arrival in India and the air shipment is dispatched within 15 days of arrival in India. In case of any delay, special approval has to be obtained from Customs
- Used household & personal effects, including furniture, kitchenware & small kitchen appliances, glassware, carpets, and other normal household items are allowed duty free, only when Transfer of Residence benefit extended, irrespective of their value, provided they have been in owner's possession and use for at least one year. Any new article will be liable for customs duty at 35% plus 3% educational cess or 36.05%
- The limit to the value of the complete set of goods imported should not exceed INR 500000. Else the goods are again subject to a full rate of duty.
- Wine/Alcohol: We strongly Suggest not to include wine or Alcohol in the shipment. This attracts high level of duties and taxes along with penalties also leading to delay in clearance of the shipments. Please contact India office for further information if required.
- Firearms and ammunition
- Live birds and animals including pets
- Plants and their produce e.g. fruits, seeds
- Endangered species of plants and animals, whether live or dead.
- Any goods for commercial purpose: for profit, gain or commercial usage.
- Radio transmitters not approved for normal usage
- Gold and Silver, other than ornaments (for import only)
- Currency in excess of prescribed limits
- Telephone and telephony equipment of restricted frequencies
- Medicines and drugs
- Certain Animals - Camel, Horses, Cattle
- Semi processed hides and skins
- Silk worms, silk worm seeds and cocoons
- Family Planning Devices (NOC from Ministry of Health Required)
- Vintage products, replicas of antiques or weapons
- Sand and soil
- Whole human blood plasma and certain products derived from human blood
- Sandal-wood (except handicraft products & oil)
- Satellite Phones and Drones - Import or Export is prohibited
- Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances
- Gold or silver, in any form, other than ornaments
- Pornographic and obscene material
- Counterfeit and pirated goods and goods infringing any of the legally enforceable intellectual property rights
- Aero models (such as remote-controlled toy helicopters) that operate on high radio bandwidths because of their possible interference with the communication networks of security agencies
- Indian coins which are covered by the Antique and Art Treasure Act, 1972.
- Maps and literature where Indian external boundaries have been shown incorrectly, in view of Government of India
- Chemicals mentioned in Schedule 1 to the Chemical Weapons Convention of U.N. 1993.
- Wild life products
- Human skeleton
- Specified sea-shells
- Beef, tallow, fat/oil of animal origin
- Exotic birds except a few specified ones
- Wild animals, their parts and products
- Specified Live birds and animals
DUTY AND TAX RATE %
- All used Household Goods (more than 1 year old) are duty-free
- All new articles, whether furniture, crockery, etc., are charged a duty of at least 38%.
- The following items are dutiable at 18% for the first of each item and 38% for subsequent ones
-LPG cooking Range
- If the total value of the above items exceeds RS 150,000,(approximately $4250) or items that exceed the one-piece limit will attract a duty of approximately 62%.